Specialised additive manufacture and prototyping solutions for defence
by Amiga Engineering Pty Ltd on 04/09/2021 7:13 AM
In Military, developing the right equipment can be a matter of life and death. Additive Manufacturing, or Metal & Polymer 3D Printing, offers swift production that allows rapid and enhanced testing; to deliver more reliable components that can be used in any military application.
Amiga Engineering™ Pty Ltd is the only company in Australia providing Metal & Polymer 3D Printing, CNC Machining, Fabrication, Industrial Gearboxes, 3D Scanning and 3D Printing equipment sales; all in one location. The company is accredited to AS9100D for Aerospace, Space and Defence clients, with Quality Management System certification to ISO 9001:2015 for all other manufacturing.
Parts printed are not only for prototyping, but are fit-for-purpose; end-use parts. Amiga currently manufactures for industries such as Defence, Aerospace and Space. The metal 3d printing technology that Amiga uses is DMP, which provides capabilities of printing in 30µm or 60µm provides the option of finish required to suit the application. For high quality, non-porous and/or a smooth finish, 30µm is perfect.
Additive Manufacturing allows custom bespoke designs that were never thought possible via traditional manufacturing methods. Thin wall sections and intricate cooling channels are perfect for metal 3d printing. Heat exchangers and nozzles are fast and effectively printed in a matter of hours instead of weeks.
This advancement in manufacturing allows military equipment to have the least down-time possible.
Cutting edge technology gives Australian industry a crucial advantage. Additive Manufacturing is being used in a large range of military applications; from state-of-the-art weaponry, armour and components, to high-tech surveillance drones. Additive Manufacturing gives high-speed part turn around as well as the ability to develop and adapt components to the military environment.
Exceptional services include:
- Working with clients closely to provide a high standard solution
- Reverse Engineering with 3D scanning ability; recreate existing componentry
- Light weight component manufacture
- Thin wall parts
- Complex part geometry
- Internal/external lattice design capability to keep integrity and strength
- Pride in quality, workmanship and support
- A company that sells the equipment and runs the same equipment in-house
Metal 3d Printing Materials available (DMP and SLM)
- Titanium Grade 23
- 316 Stainless Steel
- 17-4PH Stainless
- AlSi10mg Aluminium
- H13 Tool Steel
- Inconel 718
Polymer 3d Printing Materials available (DLP and SLS)
- High temperature resistant material (up to 300ºC)
- USP Class VI Biocompatibility (Skin contact)
- Autoclave sterilizable
- True nylons and rubbers for structural parts, lightweight, high strength high temperature
- Smooth exterior finish (DLP) in Black or White and high temperature resistant with materials engineered for end-use
- Full Colour 3D printing using Mimaki technology
Benefits of choosing Amiga Engineering as your manufacturer:
- Quick turnaround – especially for breakdown and emergency situations are part and parcel of our ability to service whenever it is required
- The manufacturing and office located in Tullamarine, Victoria; perfectly situated minutes away from air, road and sea transport
- Largest service bureau for Additive Manufacturing in Australia with a full suite of Metal and Polymer 3D technology
- Versatile machining/fabrication abilities in-house provides a large capability
- Turning diameters up to 2800mm, mill lengths up to 4300mm and one of the largest vertical borers in Australia with a travelling height of 1800mm
- Focused on quality products, Amiga uses the same in-house technology that is also used in 3D equipment sales
Amiga Engineering™ Pty Ltd has been manufacturing since 1988, proudly and comprehensively have the expertise and knowledge to provide customer solutions for all manufacturing needs. The company prides itself on quality, workmanship and provides service and support every step of the way. Amiga works closely with the client to provide these solutions to a constant high standard.
The company, puts their many years of experience to use; providing services ranging from individual part to large scale production, including all production needs in between. Attention, care, detail and workmanship are key throughout the entire process.
For more information visit https://amigaeng.com.au/industrial-manufacturing/defence-industry