Optical Cable Corporation
Optical Cable Corporation (OCC®) is among the top four highest volume producers of fiber optic cable for the enterprise market in North America, and a leader in deployable fiber optic cable production for the military.
When OCC opened for business in 1983, the U.S. military was our first major customer. Their need was for an extremely strong, lightweight, rugged, and survivable military fiber optic cable. In addition to durability, this military cable had to efficiently transmit previously unprecedented volumes of data in the field. OCC engineers were at the forefront of the development of the tight-buffered, tight-bound cable technology that met these criteria. The result was military fiber optic cables that were easy to deploy and performed under the harshest of conditions. The strength of our military-grade cable solutions was the foundation and inspiration for our diverse portfolio of products and solutions. Our commitment to product reliability can be seen in every industry that we serve. When we first built our reputation as pioneers in fiber optic cable, OCC made a commitment to quality, performance, and service. Today, we are leaders in the engineering and manufacturing of a variety of high-performance, top-tier cabling and connectivity solutions that are used in 100+ countries around the world.
• We started as pioneers in fiber optic communication by innovating the most reliable, high-performance fiber optic cable in the world.
• We are the premier manufacturer of ground tactical fiber optic cable for the U.S. military and its allies.
• We are the holder of a growing number of patents for innovative technologies widely used throughout the industry.
• We are ISO 9001:2015 Registered at all three plant locations. Roanoke and Dallas are MIL-STD-709F certified.
• OCC’s fiber optic cables and connectors have been qualified to the most demanding military specifications.
Applications include Missile Systems, Radar Systems, Satcom Solutions, UAV Ground Control, Shelter to Shelter Communications, Ship to Shore Communications, Remote/Field Communication Centers, Data Centers Military Base and Government Buildings, Mission Control Rooms, Mobile Command Units, Field Base Communication Shelters, Missile Launch Backbone, and Ship Communication Systems.
Premier manufacturer of ground tactical fiber optic cable for the U.S. Military and its allies.
• MIL-Pref-85045/8a – Ground Tactical Fiber Optic Cable (U.S. DoD)
• A3159879 – Ground Tactical Fiber Optic Cable (U.S. Army CECOM)
• MIL-PREF-29504 – Fiber Optic Connector Termini
• MIL-C-83522 – Fiber Optic Connectors
• A3159869 and A3302584 – “TFOCA” Ground Tactical Fiber Optic Connectors (U.S. Army CECOM)
• A3159864 and A3302584 – Ground Tactical Fiber Optic Cable Assemblies (U.S. Army CECOM)
• DoD-Certified Facility for MIL-STD-790G, High-Reliability Manufacturing Requirements for Military Suppliers
Benefits of Using OCC Military Grade Cable Solutions:
• UV inhibited
• Fungus Resistant
• Water Resistant for Outdoor Use
• Impervious to Fluids
• Tear Resistant
• Rodent Protectant
QA rating: ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management System Certification
President & CEO: Neil Wilkin
SVP, Sales: Bill Kloss
VP Business Development: Rick Hobbs
Sales Director, Australia and New Zealand: Petar Ilich
Business Development Manager, Military: Alisha Hamilton