Nupress Group Pty Ltd
The Nupress Group is an Australian owned manufacturer of precision components and assemblies supporting local and global Defence and Aerospace supply chains. Backed by fully accredited manufacturing.
The Nupress Group was Est in 1972 and is an Australian owned group of companies including a 100% owned Canadian subsidiary.
The Company employees 50 key staff across the two sites consisting of Structural, Mechanical Engineers, Drafting, Machinists, Finance, and administrative professionals.
Since 1972 the Nupress Group has stuck to its core values and developed a “First Class Engineering” reputation. Supplying Precision Machined Components and Assemblies using the latest CNC manufacturing technology and lean manufacturing principles to the Defence and Aerospace, Construction, Energy, and Mining markets.
The Nupress Group has a First Class focus on business development and sustainability through investment in our People, our Manufacturing technologies, our Quality, and our Customer service.
Our services include, Precision Machining, Assemblies and Fabrications. We also perform ancillary functions including Engineering, Project Management, Design and Drafting, QA Standalone quality assurance. These functions combined with our state of the art equipment, Facility, and AS9100 Rev D accreditation enables Nupress to offer a full turnkey service from design through to final manufacture.
The Nupress Group has over 43 years machining experience producing high precision complex parts and is a specialist in hard machining of nickel-based alloys across a range of industry sectors including the following:
• Nickel Chrome Manganese wear parts for mineral processing;
• Niobium and Stellite parts for the tyre and pump industries;
• Chromium Cobalt parts for the medical industry;
• Titanium and Inconel/Waspalloy parts for the Aerospace & Defence industry.
Nupress Group has the right capital equipment as well as the software required to develop cost effective machining solutions for difficult to machine materials. Over the last 20 years Nupress Group has developed machining strategies for both milling and turning of hard materials. We have also ill/turn strategies for our multi-tasking Integrex machines specifically for difficult to machine materials.
The Nupress Group run 20 state of the art CNC machines. Our capabilities include:
• Milling – up to 1400mm x 1200mm x 1325mm envelope;
• Turning – all sizes up to 600mm diameter and 3000mm in length (including diamond turning)
• Multitasking – simultaneous 5 axis milling and turning 1900mm x 630mm;
• Robotic automation and lights out production;
• Deep hole drilling and gun drilling;
• Passivation to AMS2700B method 2;
• Renishaw probing and co-ordinate measuring and contour measuring capabilities;
• 3D modelling software and CAM systems to produce the most complex parts.
Quality Management System: 2AS/NZS ISO
9001:2015 + AS9100D
Managing Director & CEO: Craig McWilliam
Managing Director & Operations: Murray Clair
Sales Director: Steve Mellon