From increased asset reliability, design integrity and optimal systems performance, Intertek is a trusted partner to the defence industry.
Intertek is a trusted partner in the provision of global quality and safety services to the defence industry, helping ensure increased asset reliability, design integrity and optimal systems performance. Our independent Total Quality Assurance solutions cross the entire spectrum of land, sea and field operations, from vessel and vehicle construction, to maintenance and safety inspections. Examples of our defence services can be categorised as follows:
Asset Integrity Management:
• Fabrication inspection of vehicles, vessels and structures
• Structural testing and component certification for hulls, welded joints, pipes, and propellers
• Corrosion control solutions including, production chemistry, inhibitor evaluation, biocide and
microbiologically influenced corrosion evaluation
• Structural NDT examinations (radiography on new welds, ultrasonic testing, magnetic particle
inspection, penetrant inspections, hull thickness surveys)
• Bulk storage NDT in-service inspections for air fleets and ground forces to Australian
standard API653 (corrosion wall mapping, tank floor scanning, vacuum box testing,
magnetic particle inspection)
• Laser scanning services (3D modelling and retro-fabrication)
• In-site heat treatment to improve the chemical properties of weldment/machined surfaces
• In-service inspection of pressure equipment such as fuels storage vessels
• Weapons system and explosives testing
• Fuel pipeline integrity services (testing for corrosion, cracks and defects)
• Transparent armour and military glass testing
Oil Condition Monitoring
• Spectrometric Oil Analysis (SOA) of used engine oils, hydraulic fluids and refrigerant oils
• Oil Condition Monitoring (OCM), or Equipment Condition Monitoring (ECM), to keep machinery
running efficiently and reduce the danger of serious mechanical failure
• Support of maintenance programs and in-house testing policies
Fuels and Lubricants Testing
• Detection of lubricant engine wear, quality and degradation for military vehicles, vessels and
• Testing of commercial and military specified aviation fuels, distillates, fuel oils, outboard
motor fuels and petrol for the purpose of analysis, quality control and
• Testing of specific physical and chemical properties of liquid fuels, lubricants and allied
products to extend the shelf life of products
• Routine analysis of coolant fluids (poly-alpha-olefins and glycols)
• Independent quantity and quality cargo surveying
• PSI investigations
• Industrial surveying
• Tank Calibrations
Environmental Monitoring and Sustainability
• Quality and environmental and durability audits for harsh marine and land environments
• Work Health and Safety audits
Investigative Analysis – Unique Laboratory Services
• Routine and non-routine investigative analysis
• Testing for specific properties and characteristics of products
• Forensic assessment from unknown determinations
• Reverse engineering to contamination and foreign body analysis
Specialist Consulting and Training
• Process and performance audits
• In-service support
• Defect and accident investigation
• Fuels advice
• Research programs
• Supply chain management
• Technical staffing and training
• Electromagnetic compatibility testing for complex communications, control and armament
Our defence assurance teams are pre-qualified to work on military sites and can be immediately deployed to your location of operations. Our testing and inspection teams are AINDT Level 2 qualified with unrivalled NDT experience of more than 10 years.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 42,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Total Quality. Assured.
Quality (ISO 9001), Environmental (ISO 14001), Health and Safety (AS/NZ 4801) – TQCSI Accreditation Number AU1177A-QC-EC-SC
National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA – Accreditation No. 13770
Download NATA Accreditation http://adelaideinspection.com.au/pdfs/NATA_Accreditation.pdf
Scope of Accreditation: ISO/IEC 17020
Download NATA Accreditation http://adelaideinspection.com.au/pdfs/AIS_NATA_17025-23-08-2006.PDF
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Mechanical Testing
- In-Service Inspection
- Failure Analysis
- Heat Treatment
Note: All NATA accreditations are available to download from the NATA website.
Defence Services Snapshot
Structural testing and component certification for hulls, welded joints, pipes, and propellers.
Detection of lubricant engine wear, quality and degradation for military vehicles, vessels and aircraft.
Weapons system and explosives testing.
Transparent armour and military glass testing.
Environmental and durability testing for harsh marine and land environments.
Failure analysis and materials testing for military and aerospace equipment and products.
EMC testing for complex communications, control and armament systems.
From project inception, commissioning and production, Intertek is focused on delivering quality outcomes and offers unrivalled technical expertise, systems, and sustainable industry performance.
Intertek - Gladstone
9 Helen Street
Intertek - Darwin
53 Export Drive
East Arm, Darwin NT 0822
Intertek - Adelaide
150-152 Francis Road
Wingfield. SA 5013
Intertek - Melbourne
218 Lorimer Street
Port Melbourne, VIC 3207
Intertek - Brisbane
Unit 8, 231 Holt Street
Eagle Farm, QLD 4009
Intertek - Sydney
49 Frenchs Forest Road East
Frenchs Forest, NSW 2086
Intertek - Perth
Level 3, 235 St Georges Tce
Perth, WA 6000
Defence Account Manager: Sheldon Harvey
General Manager Australia: Tim Thredgold
Technical Manager Australia: Brett Lonnee
Branch Manager Queensland: Alfred DeScande
Branch Manager Northern Territory: Andrew Newcombe
HSEQ Manager: Morgan Davis