Cablex Pty Ltd
Cablex is Australia’s leading globally recognised manufacturer of custom cables, complex wiring harnesses, electromechanical assemblies, avionic bays, consoles & box build electrical enclosures.
Cablex Pty Ltd was established in 1985 and is a privately owned Australian Company with a Head Office and primary manufacturing plant in Melbourne, Australia. Cablex also have a manufacturing facility in Bangalore India and are incorporated in the USA, UK and Poland.
Over the last 30 years the company has received a number of awards recognising its manufacturing expertise including recently being inducted into the Victorian Manufacturing Hall of Fame for manufacturing excellence.
Cablex manufacture complex wiring harnesses, avionic bays and consoles and box build electrical enclosures for the Defence and Aerospace market. Cablex has significant experience in developing & building Electrical Systems for Harsh Environments and developing solutions where Electrical Noise is a critical factor. Cablex is focused on being flexible to meet their customer’s individual requirements & offer world class engineering support and C4i Systems Engineering & Integration.
• Parts selection, electrical, mechanical, process and installation.
• C4I and Systems Engineering.
• Electrical Assemblies.
• Consoles, Cabinets and Racks.
• Cable harness assemblies and systems.
• Coaxial cables – RF / Semi Rigid / Microwave.
• Special process – Shielding, Laser Marking, 3D Models.
Planning & Management
• Production/ Global supply chain/ Risk management.
• Configuration & Planning management.
• Fully automated WEE and ABAD test stations.
• Insulation and high pot test stations.
• Low and High Frequency VSWR and Phase testing.
• C4i fit out
• Aircraft production installation and retrofit
• Offsite installations, upgrades, modifications and retrofits
• End-to-End solutions including platform installation and TLS
• Develop and build electrical systems for harsh environments
(electrical noise, EMC or electromagnetic attack)
• Design support for manufacture
• Experienced in power, high power, RF & semi rigid
cables up to Extremely High Frequency (EHF),
shielding and bonding for aircraft
• Defence C4I Solutions – multiple programs
• Airbus Helicopters, Global NH90 and Tiger Helicopter Programs
• Airbus Defence & Space, Spain – MRTT Program
• Northrop Grumman, USA – f-35 JSF & AEW&C Programs
• Boeing, Australia – JDAM, AEW&C (Wedgetail) Programs
• BAE Systems Global – AEW&C (Wedgetail) and F-35 JSF Programs
• Rheinmetall – Land 121 3B and Boxer electrical assemblies and harnesses
• Thales Land Systems – Hawkei Electrical Assembly and C4I
• Alstom, Melbourne – X’trapolis trains program
• Yarra Trams – A, B, C, D, E, Z and W class Tram upgrades
AS9100D - Aerospace standard
ISO 9001:2015 - through LRQA, UK
Certification to IPC/WHMA–A-620C
Managing Director / CEO: Michael Zimmer
Group Manager Busines Development: Tim Cadman