Arrow Electronics Australia Pty Ltd
Arrow is the world’s largest distributor of Mil-spec electronic components and defence supply chain solutions. We are a full SAEG19 certified organisation focused on ensuring we protect your product supply against counterfeit products.
Arrow Electronics is an American Fortune 500 company headquartered in Centennial, Colorado. Arrow specialises in the distribution and value-added services relating to high-reliability Mil-Spec electronic components, sensors, semiconductor, PEMCO, specialised cabling, and connectors from the world’s most recognised global electronic component manufacturers.
Arrow Electronics services 263 offices in 52 countries with hundreds of Aerospace, Defence, Maritime & Space Clients, Prime Contractors / SMEs, and Design Engineers globally and is ranked No. 109 in the 2019 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporation’s total revenue.
Arrow Electronics Pty Ltd Australia / NZ established in 1988. Arrow ANZ employs 89 staff supporting the Australia Defence emerging technology and provides industry-leading local technical expertise and knowledge from 11 Presales Technical Engineers/Solution Specialist with access to Global Mfg. Engineers and R&D defence grade resources addressing the critical functions and requirements in demanding applications to the Australian and New Zealand Aerospace, Defence, Maritime and Space industry.
SOLUTION ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
Change is constant. New standards, new ideas, new breakthroughs. What does not change is Arrow’s persistence in thinking Five Years Out. Our engineers leverage the world’s best resources and supplier R&D to help you minimise design cycles to speed your time to market.
BRIDGING THE GAP
Arrow works with partners, suppliers, and manufacturers to bridge the gap between the possible and the practical. Thinking Five Years Out is our commitment to lasting relationships with the most forward-thinking companies in the world. As the eyes and ears of the future, Arrow can help you take your business to the next level. From sensor to sunset.
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE INTEGRATION
Arrow’s integration expertise complements yours to help you bridge the practical and the possible in networks, enterprise computing, IoT and wireless communications. From device-level integration or large-scale systems integration, Arrow can handle your needs, no matter how demanding.
Devices become obsolete. Basic materials do not. Arrow’s sustainable technology solutions group turns challenges into solutions, waste into profits. Arrow guides innovation forward through the reverse supply chain spares management, returns management, inventory control, remarketing, and electronic asset disposition.
Our focus is to deliver value quality OEM and mil-spec products that meeting the needs of our customer’s mission-critical solutions used in defence applications, such as:
- Electronic Surveillance
- Radar and radar Network
- MILCOM and SEACON Electronic Components
- SEACON High-Performance Cabling and Specialized Connectors (Exclusive TE - ANZ Maritime)
- SEA - Ship, Submarine and UAV Patrol Boat applications
- Unmanned Systems (UAVs)
- Avionics and Space Applications
- Air Defence applications
- Missiles and Munitions
- Integrated Assembles
- Land Vehicle Applications
- Warfare solutions
As an industry-leading supplier of electronics for the aerospace and defence industries,
Arrow has a lot to offer:
- Decades of experience
- Military expertise
- Certified team members
- Rigorous inspection process
- Military-qualified and commercial off-the-shelf
- Products from more than 300 manufacturers
- Mil-Spec source-controlled drawings
- Manufacturer part number standardisation
- Value-added capabilities
- Robust quality management system
- Global presence
- Design services
- Quality control
- Fully compliant product
Arrow is the world’s largest and leading distributor of electronics with products that can meet virtually every need. Arrow delivers peace of mind to the aerospace, defence maritime and space markets, which require the availability of OEM-quality components over a long period of time.
Arrow meets your changing needs with a comprehensive portfolio of products from the world’s leading technology suppliers.
- Computer product solutions
High-Performance Interconnect Products
Arrow maintains one of the industry’s most comprehensive inventories of high-performance and OEM-specification interconnect products, including standardised component configurations for mil-spec connectors as well as custom assemblies. We maintain over 100 million feet (30 million meters) of wire in warehouses in North America, Europe, and Asia. We cover specifications from Airbus to Boeing, U.S. Military to European Defence and everything in between.
This makes Arrow Electronics the one-stop company call for your high-performance wires, cables, connectors, and harness management solutions:
- Fibre optics
- MIL High-Performance Cable & Wiring (TE ANZ Exclusive for Military Ground, SEACON Marine Market)
- MIL High-Performance Fibre Optic (TE ANZ Exclusive for Military Ground, SEACON Marine Market)
- MIL High-Performance Interconnect (TE ANZ Exclusive for Military Ground, SEACON Marine Market)
- Box connectors
- Cable assemblies
- IC to board
- Circular connectors
- Harness management products
- Mil-spec hook-up wire and cable
- High-speed data cables
- Cable identification products
- Moulded shapes
Power and Thermal Management
Our team specialises in providing you with complete power and thermal management solutions that range from off-the-shelf to custom builds. With an industry-leading line card, a comprehensive service offering and an expert team of technical power specialists, we can help you design and manufacture power supply products that meet your technical specifications.
Stock and Custom Power Supplies
From off-the-shelf to custom and modified builds, our comprehensive lines of power products from the world’s leading manufacturers connect you to the latest technologies.
- Power supplies
- Power over Ethernet
Arrow has an extensive line of thermal products to meet your cooling device needs.
- Heat sinks
- Thermoelectric coolers
(Parts purchased from Arrow are always factory direct, genuine parts shipped with full Certificates of Compliance, which removes the risk of counterfeit parts entering your supply chain)
Component Preparation Services
Our staff, facilities and infrastructure are ready to deliver consistent, production-ready components that fit your needs and the industry’s demands
Manufacturing Support Services
- Centralised and ISO 9001:2015-certified programming centres maximise efficiencies and deliver consistent levels of service and quality while keeping your intellectual property safe and secure.
- Tape and Reeling - use the latest technology available to provide compliant tape-and-reel solutions along with options for cut tape.
- Part Marking and Barcoding- can be performed in accordance with custom and industry-standard specifications.
- Wire Services - keep you covered with just-in-time inventory programs, value-added, laser-marked wire prep kitting services, technical and custom design support, and access to one of the world’s most extensive inventories of aerospace and high-performance wire and cable.
- Arrow Supply AssuranceSM - Arrow’s Supply Assurance program helps aerospace and defence customers avoid costly and time-consuming redesigns as a solution to parts obsolescence., Arrow has tens of millions of end-of-life, factory-pedigree products in stock.
- X-ray Fluorescence Analysis - (XRF) determines lead (Pb) content of termination finishes and plating thickness.
- Fine and Gross Leak testing - verifies that the hermetic seal of a component is intact and typically follows trim and form and/or RHSD of a glass-sealed device.
- Solderability Testing - verifies that termination finishes will accept solder during assembly using the specifications.
- Cleanliness Testing - determines whether there is ionic contamination on the component that may cause current leakage between leads.
Modification and Repair
- BGA Re-Balling - for conversion to tin lead (SnPb)flushes all spheres and alloy residue from the pads and replaces with SnPb balls.
- Trim and form - prepare straight lead for surface mount placement per the customer drawing.
- Lead Attach to leadless chip carriers (LCC) - attaches J-shape or L-shape leads to LCCs using thermocompression bonding or high-temp solder.
- Tin Whisker Prevention - removes 100 percent of the pure tin (Sn) and replaces it with tin-lead (SnPb).
- Gold Embrittlement prevention - removes gold (Au) and replaces it with tin-lead (SnPb). This process is for solder coverage beyond the effective seating plane.
* Available in most regions.
Melbourne, VIC – (HQ)
14 Nicole Close
Bayswater North VIC 3153
Tel: +61 3 9737-4900
Fax: +61 3 9761 4010
Sydney, NSW – (NSW/QLD)
Suite 203, Level 2
51 Rawson St
Epping, NSW 2121
Tel: +61 2 9868 9900
Fax: +61 2 9868 9901
Adelaide, SA - (SA/WA)
12 Eton Rd
Keswick, SA 5035
Tel: +61 8 8193 2400
Fax: +61 8 8351 3672
Arrow Components (NZ)
8A Sheffield Cres
Tel: +64 3 366 2000
Fax: +64 3 366 2111
Arrow Components (NZ)
6 Clayton St
Newmarket, Auckland 1023
Tel: +64 9 272 2940
Fax: +64 9 272 2310
Quality Assurance & Certifications
- AS 9120:2002 third-party certified
- SAE G19
- AS5553 Standard requirements, practices, and methods to reduce counterfeit parts entering the supply chain
- AS6081 Standards - Counterfeit Electronic Parts - mitigate the risk of buying, receiving, and selling fraudulent/counterfeit parts
- AS6171 Standard - detect suspect counterfeit electronic parts
- JESD 3-compliant as a stocking distributor for commercial, industrial, military and space products
- JEDEC 13 - standardising quality and reliability for solid-state products for ADM&S
- QSLD-certified through DLA Land and Maritime (DSCC)
- JEDEC 13
- SAE G19
Managing Director: Chris Tsernakis
Business Manager Operations: Cris Rigby
Sr. Strategic Industry Manager: Roberto G Santucci